Settlers started arriving in the Rosetown area of west central Saskatchewan in 1905. The first post office was built in 1907 and the town was incorporated in 1909.
The first enclosed curling facility opened in 1914. Many bonspiels have been held dating back to 1916 when curlers traveled by train to Rosetown and had to bring their own curling rocks. The early history includes local representation in the 1928, 1942 and 1948 MacDonald Brier Canadian Championships.
In 1960, the Rosetown Curling Club built a new five sheet curling rink. Since this building was completed, the Club has hosted many successful local, regional and provincial championships. Many competitors have gone on to national competitions but always remember Rosetown for its hospitality and high grade curling facility.
The Rosetown Curling Club currently is very active with the Saskatchewan Curling Association and its many competitions. The Club hosts many events involving youth, senior, adult, school and Special Olympics curlers. Activities to encourage new curlers and improve the skills of experienced curlers are held throughout the season to allow everyone to participate in the Club and enjoy the game.
The Rosetown Curling Club is home to the province's largest bonspiel under one roof. Many other bonspiels are held throughout the season bringing in curlers from locations across the prairies.
The Rosetown Curling Club is a proud part of the community, the area and the province.